Anytime you use a Google Webmaster tools, you’ll need to verify ownership of the website to Google. Verification with Google does not affect PageRank or your website’s performance in any way. It does allow you to use Google’s products. Verifying ownership of a website is easy and you have more than one option on how to do so. There are many reasons to verify your site with Google and here’s a list of some of the more popular reasons:
Why should I verify my website with Google?
- So you can see the data Google has on your Webmaster tools account
- Tell Google when your website changes or updates
- Remove site pages from Google Search results
- Specify to Google how your website should be indexed
- Set a specific geographic region your website targets
- Request a crawl rate change
Add other site owners to share your website’s data
How to verify your website with Google by uploading a file
The easiest and quickest method to verifying your website with Google is uploading a file that they provide. The file can be easily uploaded via file manager in cPanel.
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.